LIST OF ONLINE DATING TIPS
Thereís a nervousness, thrill, and excitement that occurs when meeting a person for the first time face to face. Yet amongst the thrill, remember to always be on your guard when going out on a date with someone you barely know.
Here are 12 tips on dating safety to help you get started:
1. Arrange to meet him. Donít let him pick you up from your home.
2. Meet in public places. If possible, double date or go out with a group of people.
3. Go Dutch by paying half of the bill. That way you wonít feel under any obligation to return the favor.
4. Remember that alcohol affects your judgment and lessens your inhibitions. If you are drinking, keep your drink in sight at all times and donít get so drunk that you donít know what you are doing.
5. Use your own mode of transportation. And leave with a full tank.
6. Don't assume that a man is safe just because he claims to be religious.
7. Donít let him know where you live. If you want to see him again, arrange a second date and then take it from there.
8. Avoid secluded areas such as parks.
9. Listen to your gut. If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. And if you havenít met him before, and you know at the beginning of the date that something doesnít feel right, then leave immediately.
10. Always let someone else know where you're going and who you'll be with. You might even consider arranging a time to call and check in. Or you could arrange to meet up with friends later that night.
11. Give him your cell phone number instead of your home phone number.
12. Always remain alert. Even if youíre having a blast and the chemistry is great, itís a good idea to remain alert the whole evening. Make sure you have a cell phone on you.
Dating safely is very important. In the initial stages of dating, you are still getting to know someone you know little about. By creating a safe environment to know the person, youíre creating a better situation for you.