Eyebrows really define and accent the face even without makeup. So the right shape eyebrows is essential. Perfectly groomed brows are an absolute must.
If you have thick or unruly eyebrows, you may want to tweeze them to get a better shape. Never ever shave the eyebrows. If you are unsure of how to go about tweezing and giving your eyebrow a shape, go in for professional help.
Eyebrow: Shaping and Shading
1. Tweeze only the hairs underneath your brows and not from the top. This will cause the natural arch to flatten out.
2. The eyebrow should follow the length of the eye but it shouldn’t extend into the temple area. It must be about the same thickness along the entire length diminishing only slightly at the outer tip.
3. The beginning of the brow should align with the center of the nostril.
4. The arch of the brow should fall at the back third of the eye.
5. To fill in the gaps in the eyebrow shape, use the color that is the closest to your eyebrow color or a shade lighter than that.
6. Avoid over-tweezing above the brow. few stray hairs are fine to remove, but too much and it can create an unnatural look.
7. Always pluck out eyebrows in the direction the hairs grow. Tweezing the brows after the shower is much easier and less painful.
Apply an ice cube after shaping your eyebrows to reduce swelling and redness.
Fashion 'n' Style
Copyrighted © 2004-09 by Khola-Janala